Petersen helps Flyers end Kings' 8-game point streak

Jeden ersten Montag im Monat um 20 Uhr sende ich themenorientierte Anwendungen.
Anmeldungen, Feedback, Austausch bezügliche diese Abende können in dieser Kategorie erfolgen.

Petersen helps Flyers end Kings' 8-game point streak

Ungelesener Beitragvon HkgeKraken » Mo 25. Dez 2023, 09:41

LOS ANGELES Cal Petersen made 35 saves, Sean Walkerhad two assists and the Philadelphia Flyers ended the Los Angeles Kings' eight game point streak with a 4 2 win at Crypto.com Arena on Saturday.The Flyers acquired Petersen and Walker from the Kings on June 6 as part of a three way trade that also involved the Columbus Blue Jackets.'Cal shut the door all night, and [Walker] had two assists and made some great defensive plays, ' Philadelphia forward Owen Tippettsaid. 'Makes it even more special when you can get a win for those guys coming back to their old team.'It was Petersen's first NHL win since Nov. 16, 2022, when he allowed one goal on 23 shots in a 3 1 victory at the Edmonton Oilers. The Kings placed Petersen on waivers two weeks later after he allowed 11 goals on 69 shots in his final three games for the team.'It's amazing, ' said Petersen, who got the start with Carter Hartmissing his second straight game because of an illness. 'Obviously, it's been a tough last year, but to do it here means so much to me. For it to come against the Kings makes for a good memory.'Morgan Frost scored twice, and Tippett had a goal and an assist for the Flyers 7 7 1 , who were coming off a 6 3 victory at the Anaheim Ducks on Friday. Cam Talbot allowed four goals on 26 shots for the Kings 8 3 3 Bill Barber Jersey, who were 6 0 2 during the point streak.'I don't think there's many nights so far this season where we've been outworked and, what's the word I'm looking for, out committed, and we were that tonight, ' Los Angeles coach Todd McLellan said.Tippet put Philadelphia ahead 1 0 at 14:59 of the first period, scoring with a backhand on a breakaway that trickled under the right arm of Talbot.Frost made it 2 0 at 6:26 of the second period when his centering pass from behind the net deflected in off the skate of Kings defenseman Jordan Spenceand Talbot's glove. It was his first goal of the season.'I'd like to say I tried to bank it off his feet on purpose, but no, definitely not, ' Frost said. 'Got a fortunate bounce there Cam York Jersey, and I'd like to think I've been working hard being in and out of the lineup, keeping a positive attitude. So maybe that's the bounce that I got for that.'Frost extended the lead to 3 0 at 16:30 when he redirected Nick Seeler's shot from the blue line.'It's a weird game, hockey is, but I think if you don't cheat it and stay honest with yourself and just keep working hard, I think those are the bounces you can get, ' Frost said.Carl Grundstrom cut it to 3 1 at 18:06 of the second with a wrist shot from the high slot. 'I think I'm shooting more and I try to be more in good spots to score as well, so I think that's been key for me, ' Grundstrom said.Cam Atkinson pushed it to 4 1 at 7:04 of the third period https://www.flyersprostore.com, scoring with a one timer from the low slot off a pass from Sean Couturierfrom the right post. Adrian Kempe got Los Angeles to within 4 2 at 9:50, tapping in a touch pass from Quinton Byfieldat the left post.'They didn't need a lot of chances, but the ones they got they scored on, ' McLellan said. 'We can beat our team up, which we have to a little bit, they deserve it, but I also have to tip my hat to their team. They played a real good game.' NOTES: Flyers coach John Tortorella coached his 1, 480th NHL game, passing Darryl Sutter for eighth in League history. Hart has not played since Nov. 1, when he sustained a mid body injury in a 5 2 loss at the Buffalo Sabres.Tippett has four points three goals, one assist in his past two games.Kempe scored for the fourth straight game. He also has 13 points six goals, seven assists during a nine game point streak.Byfield extended his point streak to an NHL career high six games nine assists.
HkgeKraken

Re: Petersen helps Flyers end Kings' 8-game point strea

Ungelesener Beitragvon xariz » Do 15. Feb 2024, 10:30

xariz

Zurück zu Themen Abende